March 20th is the first day of Spring 2017. Warm sunny days are upon us, as well as a spring storm or two. All in all, better weather is near. With better weather comes the need to spruce up your house and make it feel clean and fresh.
Here are 5 design tips that are also great for staging.
- Switch your accessories from dark tones to bright spring colors. Change your pillows, add a brighter throw, or a new spring vase. Add colors such as yellow, green, blue, or bright whites which will bring a fresh new look and feel to your living room, bedroom, or kitchen.
- Buy a new mat for your front door. Add a touch of color!
- Clean your windows. A bright fresh window will add more light into your home making it appear clean and sparkling. It can also make the room appear bigger.
- Change your bedding. A new lighter weight quilt or coverlet in a lighter color will add to the spring feel of the home as well. Plus it will get rid of the musty smell that sometimes appear in a bedroom.
- Buy fresh flowers. Flowers add a special touch to any home. The cheery look of flowers added to the floral bouquet, will enhance any home’s appeal.
No matter if you are selling a home or buying a new one, a bright cheery house will make you feel comfortable and add a welcome charm to your home. Interested in selling your home and need some decorating/staging tips? Call me Margaret Herdt 970-672-6069 at Turn Key Realty. I’m more than happy to help you.
For some, tax day is a joy. “I get a refund”!!! For those on the other side of the fence, it’s a joy and a curse. “I made money, but now I have to pay”. Either way April 16th is hump day and a new beginning. You made it! What will you do with your time? You won’t be looking for forms, filling out forms online, or talking to your tax professional. Maybe it’s time to get your house ready to sell or start looking for a new one!!
Why not take that tax refund you just got and put it toward a new home? If you were not on the receiving side, then why don’t you think about upsizing or being a first time home buyer. A new home can give you a great tax break. Did you know that the interest you pay is a write off. The HOA fees and taxes are also if they are combined (Metro tax). Why not increase your wealth AND help your tax situation in 2017.
Contact your accountant for more home write off’s. Then, contact me to help you get started buying or selling. What better gift to give to yourself than a write off AND a new house. Call me, Margaret Herdt at 970-672-6069 Turn Key Realty
Whatever your needs are, I will make your experience of buying or selling a home a fun one and hopefully a rewarding experience as well.
Are you holding back on listing your home because spring and summer have the most home buyers? Well, it appears that spring has started early in Northern Colorado. With temperatures in the 50’s and 60’s, people are out and about and thinking of moving. Home buyers are looking now!
Inventory is still low in Weld and Larimer County. Larimer County currently has 849 listings which is down 19% from this time last year according to the MLS. Of this only 151 are priced at under $299k. Weld County is in the same situation with 545 listings of which 202 listings are under $299k. With more foot traffic for buyers being high, now is a great time for sellers to benefit from low inventory.
Buyers are chomping at the bit to buy!! List now!
Real Estate Community Resource